Outlook 2013 is the latest version of Microsoft’s famous desktop email client. Like the programs before it, this application is replete with some of the most convenient and useful mail management features you will come across. The only thing you need do to be able to use them to the fullest, is configure your webmail account properly.
Outlook email setup
Before starting, make sure you have the email address and password, as well as whatever information your ISP can provide you with.
- Launch the program.
- Go to the File
- Move to the Info category, and under that select Account Settings. After this click Account Settings in the dropdown menu that appears.
- Move to the Email tab, and hit the New
- When the Add New Account dialog box comes up, the configuration of your email account will start automatically. Go to Auto Account Setup and in the Email Account section, fill in the details corresponding to Your Name, and Email Address.
- Type the password once more in the Retype Password box, and then hit Next, so the Outlook email setup process starts.
- This is when the email client will automatically configure the account, though some webmail servers might need the whole email ID to be entered in the User Name And if you want to bypass the password entry at each program startup, tick the box that says: Save this password in your password list. Once the account has been set up successfully, it will show in the Add New Email Account dialog box.
- When this is all wrapped up, hit Finish, and then Close.
You can also set up the email account manually if the automatic option fails. For this you would need to enter all information including the email address, password, incoming mail server name, and outgoing mail server name. The latter two can be found out from your ISP as well. You need to select the Manual setup or additional server types check box in the new account box.
- Choose the mail protocol you will be using, which is one of POP or IMAP, and then hit Next.
- Go to Server Information, and under Account Type, choose either POP3 or IMAP.
- Enter the correct details in the Incoming mail server and Outgoing mail server
- Type in the password, and check the Remember password box if you need that option enabled.
After doing the manual email setup, hit the Test Account Settings button to see if the procedure went right.